This is my new section, where I'll do a book review on all the books I've read, or any anyone want's to recommend to me...
Simply Love by: Mary Balogh.
This book was very good, so realistic. It didn't have fabricated details. But even though it wasn't fair tale, love at first sight- it was truly wonderful. The characters were so real that you would honestly believe they were once actually alive. Love isn't about beauty or happily ever after. It begins with a friendship of trust and comfort. And then if it was meant to be, it grows into something much more. Mary Balogh is one of the best at what she does and this book is great. It does end with a happiness and it is real happiness, one that we all work for each day, it's not the fake type that just happens and stays like that forever. I would recommend this to anyone, it's a great read.
The Bite of the Mango by: Mariatu Kamara with Susan McClelland.
This book is based on Mariatu's real life experience during the war in her country Sierra Leone. She was only 12 years of age when she was caught up in the war of her country. This book was heart wrenching and powerful. It shows what war can do to even small children and her journey to recovery and peace was well deserved. I am so happy that I got to read her story and learn about how she made it through. She is now 24 and helping her country and just reading her story makes me wish that I could track her down and help her. The bite of the Mango, is a great book for everyone to read. If you think your life is hard wait until you hear her story. This was happening all over the world and today it still is, at least in some places. As fellow human beings we need to take a stand and let our voices be heard. It is our power and when we use, you'll be amazed at what it can do for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment